Monday, July 14, 2014
These realistic guitars are built by LEGO fan and Flickr member Chris Rozek a.k.a. ChrisR18t. According to the builder the guitars from left to right: Rickenbacker 4001 Bass Left Hand; Gibson EB-0 Bass and Gibson Flying V. As you see the shaping and the size of the guitars are amazingly accurate.
Friday, July 11, 2014
Rustic Corner is a pretty easy build but it this moc looks so alive. It can change your mood to happy immediately. It was like a remedy for me because I was bored to death studying for final in such shiny days. I hope you will feel the same. It is built by famous builder Nannan Z who is being not so active lately. He is maybe celebrating his own return and pretty hot summer days with this cheerful moc. It reminds me GunmanLurikeen's Sir Gunman Lurikeen's Fountain and Siercon and Coral's Black Baery Inn. You can see them also here.
He also uploaded a description video on youtube.
Saturday, July 5, 2014
tkh / ieyasu."Cantonese Opera - Guan Yu Cao, Cao" is the name of this masterpiece and it is a finalist at the Hong Kong LEGO Building Contest. Brick-built pattern on the clothing and the background is amazing. There is even a tiger painting in this vignette.
Here is the most extraordinary use of scimitars I have seen until now.
Friday, July 4, 2014
1. Design your own custom space faction and feature it in a vignette. It could be an alien or a human faction.
2. There is no size and parts limits.
3. Your vignette must include minifigures and at least one creation (a vehicle, a building, a device etc.) built with original LEGO parts.
4. Custom parts including decals, stickers are allowed as long as they are used for customizing your faction. Custom parts includes thrd party brands like BricksArms, BrickForge, etc. Part cut-outs are not allowed.
5. One entry per person is allowed. You may upload up to 3 images. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery in the description of the picture.
6. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
7. No LDD (or any digitally created) entries.
8. The winner will be decided by voting of selected LEGO master builders around the world.
How to enter the contest:
- You may upload your images onto official Flickr group of Tilesorstud.com. The photo must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
- Or if you choose to upload you images onto MOCpages or Brickshelf or similar website create a folder/gallery/album that contains 3 pictures featuring your creation and post the link of the folder/gallery/album under the post of the contest in the tilesorstuds.com (as a comment).
The contest begins now and will end on the 31th of August, 2014
Winner of the contest will get: Chima Set Scorms Scorpion Stinger (70132)
Second place will get: Chima Set Gorilla Legend Beast (70125)
Third place will get: Galaxy Patrol Figure from the Collectible Minifigure Series 7
New LEGO Ideas (Cuusoo) set is announced today. The seventh Ideas (Cuusoo) set will be the Exo-suit (21109) originally designed by LEGO Fan Peter Reid (Click here to check out his creations in his Flickr account). The set will contain surprisingly two green space astronauts which is amazing because you may know that the original classic space theme didn't consist a green colored figure. There is also a video uploaded by LEGO in Youtube featuring the new set as well. The set will be available on August 2014.
Green space astronaut will be included in the set. Picture is taken from the video featuring the set.
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Member of VirtuaLUG has built together a huge diorama depicting the Odysses and it is presented in Brickworld 2014 in Chicago. They won the group layout award with this amazing diorama. It constisted many great creations like giants, triremes, underwater scenes and much more. You can read the story from MOCpages.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Smaug, the dragon from the movie The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2014) is built with LEGO pieces by Flickr member and LEGO Fan Shawn Snyder who is also the builder of the amazing Star Trel bust "Resistance is futile".I like that the wings are build with plates instead of using cloth pieces and the sculpturing of the head is really amazing as well.
Monday, June 30, 2014
Minh Pham a.k.a Tuminio. has created this amazing custom minifigure of Rita Vrataski from the movie Edge of Tomorrow (2014). The character is a fearless soldier in the future with a huge blade and battle suit played by British actress Emily Blunt. The minifigure is created very accurately using LEGO brand pieces combined with other custom elements. Paint job is also amazing. I like that the head of the figure remained untouched since it looks cleaner by this way.
The poster of the movie Edge of Tomorrow featuring Emly Blunt.
Friday, June 27, 2014
Newest LEGO Ideas set 21110 Research Institute is revealed. The official set is not much different than the original model. The original model was designed by LEGO Ideas member Alatariel. The original name of the model was "Female minifigure set" and contains three different mini sets each containing one minifigure but it is changed by LEGO and three mini sets merged to a single set. In my opinion the dinosaur skeletton and the lab equipment seem fun o build but there is nothing very special with the minifigures.
Original fan made version of the set by Alatariel.
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
LEGO Technic master builder Sariel did it again. Check out this amazingly realistic model of Hummer H1 Wagon that weights 3.95 kg. The outside modelling of the Hummer is amazing as always plus it has a fully detailed interior. Additionally this car is also functional! This remote-controlled Hummer has diferent types of gears, automated turn signals and lights. Impressively, the hood, doors and trunk could be also opened. Check out the video of the creation here. Absolutely best Hummer model built with LEGO pieces.