New York Toy Fair started today and new sets are revealed now. First set that we didn't know any information about is upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean set 71042 The Silent Mary. Set contains approximately 2200 pieces. It will have $199,99 price label and will be release on 1st of April.
LEGO Fan and Flickr.com member soccersnyderi shared his latest MOC named Holt Windmill in his own photostream. MOC includes a well built windmill with very neat wall texturing and very near color at roof sections that makes creation awesome. His ground and rock design is realistic with right plant and color choices.
These beautiful and colorful modular buildings were built and recently shared as a group-shot by LEGO fan and flickr.com user Łukasz Libuszewski a.k.a. looooookl in his photo-stream. The texturing and and color choices are great. I especially like the use of bright light yellow ("Chima yellow") in a city-building creation. Each bulding has a fully decorated interior too, so be sure to check out the builders photo-stream for more photos.
LEGO fan and flickr.com user Renegade Clone who is known for his great Star Wars MOC's built this awesome cargo shuttle space vehicle, Zeta-class Imperial Cargo Shuttle from the movie Rogue One, a Star Wars Story (2016). The shaping, coloring and details are very accurate to the original vehicle from the Star Wars universe. I especially liked the angled hull of the cockpit section and the wings which are built with Technic liftarms and I assume they are quite strong.
This great battlecruiser MOC was recently shared by LEGO fan and flick.com user Martin Latta a.k.a. thire5, who is known for his great Star Wars and sci-fi creations and was blogged here before with his great Battle of Hoth diorama. Although it is not common use, white-orange color combination looks beautiful on this ship. I always like micro-scale spaceships with nice hull-shape and details and this one is a great example. The hangar entrance on top of the cruiser is my favourite part on this MOC.
This realistic minifigure-scale fire truck MOC was recently shared by flickr.com user sponki25 in his photo-stream. According to the description this MOC is named after FDNY Engine 54 and dedicated to the fallen on 9/11/01. The detailing on the vehicle is very impressive as well as decals around the MOC that are accurate to the real vehicle. The builder also shared other iconic vehicles of New York City before, so don't forget to check out his photo-stream.
LEGO Fan and flickr.com member alego alego created a MOC named Maison d'Ordralfabétix which has a huge pile of banana parts in it. alego tile his creation's roof with banana pieces. Not only banana roof technique is brillant but also his different wall technique with gray reversed tile pieces is successful. Banana roof really seems it builded by hays.
This weeks guest of honor is Eero Okkonen a.k.a. Pate-keetongu from Finland. He is well known for his amazing large figures and steampunk creations. He also shared many impressive purist custom mini-figures as well. Photos from the work of our guest will be presented between the questions.
Kaplan: We already know you are one of the best LEGO MOC'ers in the world. What can you tell us about yourself other than that. What is your real name? What is your dayjob? Do you have any other hobbies or activities?
Eero: I am Eero Okkonen. I write about my LEGO hobby on my blog Cyclopic Bricks. I’m from Joensuu, Eastern Finland, and I’m currently studying architecture on Tampere University of Technology (TUT). It’s my first year there, and it’s very interesting. I’m planning to graduate as an architect in 2021. My other hobbies include art in general (drawing, oil and watercolour, general tinkering – though my studies include most of them), music (I can’t play anything, but I listen to lot of it and buy records regularly), board games, reading, cycling, hiking… And naturally hanging with friends doing nothing particularly but doesn’t everybody do that.
K: Do you remember the day when you got your first LEGO set? Which set was it? And How old were you when you started playing with LEGO bricks?
E: No. I played with DUPLO before actual bricks (or pikku-leegot as they are called in Finland, sometimes), and I had plenty of my father’s old bricks from 70’s. But I remember some of my earliest set and these include quite good-looking 6335 Indy Transport (which was released only a year after I was born) and not-so-good 6474 4-wheeled front shovel. I’ve been around 4 or 5 years old back then.
- Impressive Bounty Hunter Ship: Kh-1 Vulture
- Avalonian Countryside by Emil Lidé
- UCS Scale Sith Fury-Class Sith Interceptor
- News: "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" Sets and Minifigures are revealed!
- Denon's Stallion, a Star Wars Style Star Fighter
- Perfect relaxing area for Modular Buildings
- Planetary Exploration Vehicle by Matteo Miani
- LEGO Trojan Horse by Ryan
- Hotel Lobby Vignette by Sven Franic
- Lion Knight Manor by David Leest
MOC Space Fantasy Castle Building Technique Historical Diorama AFOL Movie Star Wars Mecha News Spaceship Ship Minifigure Microscale Futuristic Game TV Interview Collectible Minifigures Plant Film Modular Building Classic Space Technic Upcoming Sets Snow Far East Modern Warfare Plane Sculpture Town Battle Classic Castle LDD Artwork Power Functions Roof Technique Super Heroes Lord of the Rings Landscape Transformers Motorcycle Racing Battlestar Galactica LUG Police Transportation Comics Game of Thrones Post-apocalyptic Star Trek Star Craft
Copyright 2013-2017 Tiles or Studs, All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.
- 71042 The Silent Mary revealed in Toy Fair
- LEGO Fan and Flickr.com member soccersnyderi shar...
- The Flower Garden by Chris Maddison
- Beautiful Modular Buildings by Łukasz Libuszewski
- Movie-accurate Zeta-class Imperial Cargo Shuttle
- Aleginator Class Battlecruiser by Martin Latta
- Realistic Graphic Card by Cecilie Fritzvold
- Realistic Fire Truck, FDNY Engine 54
- Don't feed the monkey
- Special Interview with Eero Okkonen a.k.a. Pate-ke...
- Amazing and Huge Spaceship, Nautilus
- Valahadrian, An Elven Fortress by Tirrell Brown
- Official Product Image of 21310 Old Fishing Store ...
- More BrickHeadz will be coming soon
- Hogwarts Express by Stephan Niehoff
- Majisto`s Workshop revamped by noggy85
- LEGO Unveils the first trailer for LEGO NINJAGO Mo...
- Minifigure Scale UCS Style U-Wing by Mirko Soppels...
- The Canadian Coast Guard Ship on duty
- Special Interview with Tyler Clites a.k.a. legohau...
- The Cat's Claws by W. Navarre
- Incredible Stone Tower Bridge (6089) Revamp by jaa...
- Iron Builder challange started again!
- Can you see the wing on the House of Culture?
- Star Fighter with great shaping by Sinan Bitisik
- Colorful Dream Batcave by Alanboar Cheung
- Special Interview with Dennis Qiu a.k.a. d' Qiu Br...
- Classic Space Style Mega Core Magnetizer, M.C.V.P ...
- LEGO Trojan Horse by Ryan
- Realistic Heavy Equipment with PF by Beat Felber
- ▼ February (30)
- ► 2016 (503)
- ► 2014 (69)