Monday, August 18, 2014
Japanese artist and designer Akihiro Mizuuchi made everybody’s childhood dreams come true – he has created edible chocolate LEGOs. The bricks, which are made of white, milk, dark and pink chocolate, are totally functional.
The bricks are looking very precise. They even have the LEGO brand name on top of the studs like real LEGO bricks.
The artist has even built a series of chocolate LEGO figures (teddy bears?) using these bricks.
Sunday, August 3, 2014
This amazingly realistic Corvette C3 Stingray is built by LEGO Technic fan and Eurobricks.com member Madoca 1977. This master piece is also fully functional with motors and lights. Check out the video of the car for more here. Additionally the creator also shared the instructions and more pictures of the car in Google+ gallery.
This huge space factory is built by LEGO fan and Flickr member Blake Foster who is a master sci-fi builder also known for the amazing space ships like "The Manticore" and "The Paladin". According to the creator this amazing sci-fi building is built over 2 years and took an estimated 3,000 hours to create with 100,000 pieces. The base is 40 x 60 inches, or 128 x 192 studs. It has a full interior with command center, hangers and much more. This MOC is probably the most detailed LEGO sci-fi building ever created.
The top of the building is amazingly detailed with dishes, utensils, antennas and many more detail pieces
Monday, July 14, 2014
These realistic guitars are built by LEGO fan and Flickr member Chris Rozek a.k.a. ChrisR18t. According to the builder the guitars from left to right: Rickenbacker 4001 Bass Left Hand; Gibson EB-0 Bass and Gibson Flying V. As you see the shaping and the size of the guitars are amazingly accurate.
Friday, July 11, 2014
Rustic Corner is a pretty easy build but it this moc looks so alive. It can change your mood to happy immediately. It was like a remedy for me because I was bored to death studying for final in such shiny days. I hope you will feel the same. It is built by famous builder Nannan Z who is being not so active lately. He is maybe celebrating his own return and pretty hot summer days with this cheerful moc. It reminds me GunmanLurikeen's Sir Gunman Lurikeen's Fountain and Siercon and Coral's Black Baery Inn. You can see them also here.
He also uploaded a description video on youtube.
Saturday, July 5, 2014
tkh / ieyasu."Cantonese Opera - Guan Yu Cao, Cao" is the name of this masterpiece and it is a finalist at the Hong Kong LEGO Building Contest. Brick-built pattern on the clothing and the background is amazing. There is even a tiger painting in this vignette.
Here is the most extraordinary use of scimitars I have seen until now.
Friday, July 4, 2014
1. Design your own custom space faction and feature it in a vignette. It could be an alien or a human faction.
2. There is no size and parts limits.
3. Your vignette must include minifigures and at least one creation (a vehicle, a building, a device etc.) built with original LEGO parts.
4. Custom parts including decals, stickers are allowed as long as they are used for customizing your faction. Custom parts includes thrd party brands like BricksArms, BrickForge, etc. Part cut-outs are not allowed.
5. One entry per person is allowed. You may upload up to 3 images. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery in the description of the picture.
6. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
7. No LDD (or any digitally created) entries.
8. The winner will be decided by voting of selected LEGO master builders around the world.
How to enter the contest:
- You may upload your images onto official Flickr group of Tilesorstud.com. The photo must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
- Or if you choose to upload you images onto MOCpages or Brickshelf or similar website create a folder/gallery/album that contains 3 pictures featuring your creation and post the link of the folder/gallery/album under the post of the contest in the tilesorstuds.com (as a comment).
The contest begins now and will end on the 31th of August, 2014
Winner of the contest will get: Chima Set Scorms Scorpion Stinger (70132)
Second place will get: Chima Set Gorilla Legend Beast (70125)
Third place will get: Galaxy Patrol Figure from the Collectible Minifigure Series 7
New LEGO Ideas (Cuusoo) set is announced today. The seventh Ideas (Cuusoo) set will be the Exo-suit (21109) originally designed by LEGO Fan Peter Reid (Click here to check out his creations in his Flickr account). The set will contain surprisingly two green space astronauts which is amazing because you may know that the original classic space theme didn't consist a green colored figure. There is also a video uploaded by LEGO in Youtube featuring the new set as well. The set will be available on August 2014.
Green space astronaut will be included in the set. Picture is taken from the video featuring the set.
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Member of VirtuaLUG has built together a huge diorama depicting the Odysses and it is presented in Brickworld 2014 in Chicago. They won the group layout award with this amazing diorama. It constisted many great creations like giants, triremes, underwater scenes and much more. You can read the story from MOCpages.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Smaug, the dragon from the movie The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2014) is built with LEGO pieces by Flickr member and LEGO Fan Shawn Snyder who is also the builder of the amazing Star Trel bust "Resistance is futile".I like that the wings are build with plates instead of using cloth pieces and the sculpturing of the head is really amazing as well.